Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
The Australian Department of Agriculture and Water Resources is a department of the Australian Government charged with the responsibility to develop and implement policies and programs that ensure Australia's agricultural, fisheries, food and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable.
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources policies and programs:
- encourage and support sustainable natural resource use and management
- protect the health and safety of plant and animal industries
- enable industries to adapt to compete in a fast-changing international and economic environment
- help improve market access and market performance for the agricultural and food sector
- encourage and assist industries to adopt new technology and practices
- assist primary producers and the food industry to develop business and marketing skills, and to be financially self-reliant.